Spiritual, moral, social and cultural
SMSC is about the values pupils are encouraged to hold and their attitude towards learning, knowledge and society. At Middle Park Primary School we believe that the social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of our children is fundamental in preparing them for society.
During their time at Middle Park Primary School, we encourage children to:
- Develop spiritual values and reasoned personal and moral values.
- Consider the pluralistic nature of society; developing their understanding and respect for those with different religions, beliefs and ways of life.
- Value everyone equally.
- Make personal relationships, based on trust, self-esteem and mutual respect
- Develop personal relationships, based on trust, self-esteem and mutual respect
- Become active, responsible citizens in a democratic society.
- Develop an appreciation of human achievements and aspirations.
- Develop and understanding of the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups, nations and the environment.
As a school we are aware of our collective responsibilities towards spiritual, moral, social and moral education and we continue to strive to provide an education that prepares children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life beyond school.