Our Admissions Policy sets out the procedures for admission into our school at FS1, FS2, and any other time throughout your child’s school life.
Foundation Stage 1 (Nursery):
At Middle Park our Nursery has a capacity for 26 children at any one time. We have a combination of part-time and full-time places available. Part-time places are offered as either mornings only (9am to 12pm) or afternoons only (12.10pm to 3.10pm) every day over the week. Full time places run from 9am to 3.10am every day.
The school deals with all admissions into FS1 directly.
- Parents and carers are invited to put their child’s name down for an FS1 place from anytime after their first birthday. This can be done by contacting the School Office either in person, or online at email@example.com. Please ensure that you have confirmation of receipt of your details. The closing date for applications received is April 1st during the year of admission.
- Children are eligible for an FS1 place at the beginning of the academic year during which they will have their fourth birthday. There is one point of entry each September.
- Families are encouraged to provide as much information as possible in order to ensure places are allocated fairly. All new children will have an interview with a senior member of staff. At this time, it is possible to express a preference in terms of morning, afternoon and full-time places. Please note: We are unable to guarantee that you will be allocated your preferred session.
- Places will be allocated in the following order of priority
- Children Looked After (CLA)
- Families working with social services
- Identified learning needs
- Distance from the school (Calculated through the Geographical Information Service)* Siblings include brothers, sisters, half or step brothers or sisters, fostered and adopted children living at the same address. Siblings would have to be in Year 5 or lower to ensure they were still in the school at the same time as their younger brother or sister.
- Full-Time FS1 places are allocated at the discretion of the Senior Leadership Team. Please ensure that if you feel you may be eligible for a full-time place, you give all relevant information at the time of your admission interview. Criteria may include:
- Children Looked After (CLA)
- Special Educational Needs
- Medical/social exceptional circumstances
- Exceptional family circumstances
- 30-hour entitlement We are unable to guarantee that a full-time place will be allocated.
Foundation Stage 2 (Reception):At FS2, Greenwich Council is responsible for the admission of pupils to Middle Park Primary School. Once again, there is a one point of entry arrangement. Children are admitted to our school in September at the beginning of the academic year during which they will have their 5th birthday. Full details are available on the Royal Borough of Greenwich website. An admissions leaflet is also given to all parents and carers of children in FS1. There is no guarantee that a child who has attended our FS1 (Nursery) will be offered a place in FS2 (Reception.) It is crucial that forms are returned to Greenwich Council by the deadline. We are more than happy to help and support parents and carers completing the forms. Please come to the School Office where you will be directed to somebody who can help you. Alternatively, the Council offers a support service where a Choice Adviser can assist and support you through the process. This service is independent, impartial and confidential.Greenwich Council are currently using the following criteria to allocate places:
- Children Looked After (CLA) (A ‘looked after’ child is a child who is in the care of the local authority, including foster care.)
- Distance from the school*** (Within this category, medical and social exceptional circumstances may be taken into account.)*** Distance from the school is measured electronically according to a straight line from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school on Middle Park Avenue.
Admission at other times
A meeting will be arranged for prospective parents and carers to visit the school. Once again, Greenwich Council is responsible for the admission of pupils to Middle Park Primary School at any other time. The Council will have up-to-date information about possible vacancies and will decide whether or not to allocate a place. Please contact the Council directly at www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk or on 0208 854 8888.